Sunday, September 28, 2008

Steaming

Something I am gonna try incorporating is steaming....i finally found enough info on it!

So remember I used to do my prepoo by using a plastic cap with a hot wet towel with another cap on top. So if you don't have an steamer (which i dont and cannot afford, lol), you can do that and sit under the dryer for around 30minutes to an hour. Basically it softens your hair and helps it in other ways. Helps it grow...it opens up the follicles.....oh oops, I forgot! LOL! You do this with your deep conditioner (well i saw some do it with the prepoo too). So it opens the follicles and helps the deep conditioner REALLY REALLY get in there! i am still cutting it because i need the stress-relieve but it will be cool to try. Also, I want to get peppermint and tea tree oil. Well really just pepperment, tea tree is kind of iffy to my nose. But like mint oils help your hair grow and get rid of dry scalp. i know i said i didnt want to use growth aids but these are not just growth aids, the do other stuff. Also, after this scarf is done (2 months), I will get the bonnet one of it, that way i dont always smash my hair and don't mess up my edges anymore.

And i saw a cool video on detangling.....too bad i had already figured that out! LOL! But at least I know that i was doing it right. My whole thing is ugh, those tiny tight curls I have. I want the big loose pretty curls. I am happy it is not just like a big mass of ugh but those little curls get more frizzy and tangled. Then again I would get lazy and not detangle always. So maybe if I do more often it will do something? lol! Not sure what. Luckily I have no reason to worry right this minute. It will be too short to even tangle for a little bit. That is highly comforting.

So for real this time, the next entry will be the official begin, lol!

No comments: