Friday, January 2, 2009

Coloring thoughts

I know i talk about this like i am doing in tomorrow, but it helps me think of all the possibilities BEFORE it is too late.

So previously I said I would dye all my hair blonde and just add rinses. But that could get pricey. So I remembered before when i was gonna go my hair out (and nver did), i was going to let my fro get fairly large and then do like a "triangle" of color on the top. Like from my forehead to almost the top center. And back then it was gonna be a blonde area with red all around.....still diggin that idea, but i want to preserve all the strength i am giving it. especially on the sides and back. My hair grows well but those areas tend to get a little weaker because i lay on my sides especially. So I think what i might do instead is do that idea. But keep the rest black. So this would put my area that can be dyed on the top of my head, not on the under part, but i think that is okay. because when it grows out, it will end up toward the bottom anyway. And the styles i have in mind work well with that. 

When I have hair, I am a bob person....They have always complimented me well, and i love them. They can be both chic/sophisticated and fun/playful. And as long as you don't have a definite bang, they are versitile. Part on the sides, the middle, or my fav was no part at all (although that was back when i had a dandruff problem, lol).

Also, maybe i do the triangle one time, then when it grows out, maybe i will move the area, that way i test it out. And when my fro gets really big (in like a few years), it is possible that it wont look bad having 2 colors on the sides. I just know with a smaller one, it could look a little funny.

Triangle-point will begin at the forehead and go back. It may also be a diamond. And i dont know if it will begin in the center of my forhead, it could be off to a side a tad bit. If it is off to a side, then if i part it or just push my hair in that direction, it would end up under the black automatically.

The coloring will take place after the first couple straightenings. I want to be sure i have a good amount of hair first. I am thinking I want my hair to be at least past my chin before i begin coloring. By that i mean my hair on the sides and back. The front is always shorter for me, so it might be at my chin (10-11 inches). It is highly possible that the coloring may not even happen in 2009. But my hair is full, and the fullness does help when there is less length, so if i feel it is a good and full bob, i will do it. The area that will be colored will most likely be like a flip or spiral or swoop of hair that extends from the top to one side. I don't plan for it to be the full length of my hair. Which is why the fullness plays a big part. When i straighten it, if there is an area that is like at least between my eyes and nose, i will go ahead and color it.

And if all else fails I can be Cleopatra Jones for Halloween! LOL! Oh which reminds me, i need to work on my revised idea of a Harlee Quinn outfit.

No comments: