Monday, July 21, 2008

Yea!!!!!

So yesterday I was able to use my 1" flat iron to straighten my hair!!!!!!

Before that, this week I bought my Olive Oil and had been using it. So when I did my pre-poo I used the LaKair, ORS Lotion, Olive Oil, ORS carrot oil (for my ends), and some left over conditioner from one of my colors.  It was really soft, and long.....

Like I said my hair grows fast, I knew one side of my head had alot of damage and was really short but I realized just how much was when it dried.  I let it airdry, so it is kind of whatever happens happens. So, since my relaxer on June 28th, I have over .5" of new growth in most areas in the top and middle and sides. I cannot see the back but it is at least .5" because I was able to grip it enough to flat iron and the edges, like in the front a little less. So that is a great sign.  

The issue was that beccause of all the damage I had NO idea so much had broken off and now I see even more damage was done that I thought. I had never had color issues so now I am a little concerned about anymore coloring.  I will definitely wait until all the current color is cut out before I add a new one. It won't be blonde so I am not too concerned about doing it on my own. 

I would be more happy if I didn't find so much breakage had occured but I am happy that it is showing signs of improvement. The new growth in those areas in thick and soft just like the new growth in the areas that was still healthy.

Since I was able to use my flat iron, my hair is much less "up?" so I was able to lay it down...THINK Mia Farrow in Rosemary's baby. Oddly enough when I straightened it that was the look I wanted.....ironic.

I do not recall if I mentioned but a dime amount to a nickel should be enough Olive Oil.  Too much and it will kind of sit there like a big shiny glob but in small amounts it leaves shine without the gloppy look. I forgot how much that stuff came running out the bottle.

On the 28th, I will measure my hair and my new growth seperate so I can give an accurate average on my new growth and progress!!! I am really excited about it!


No comments: