Thursday, July 17, 2008

Before the relaxer!

So, I decided to talk about something I now know about. Before the first new relaxer!!!!

I mentioned in the about me, that I had 2 colors on top of each other. When my hair was natural, I kept it colored, and there was never a problem. When I had it done, I got my ends clipped and everything was fine. But when I washed it, there was trouble. 

The first color was done in February, the second in April. All the hair that was there since February was BRITTLE, DRY, SCRAGGLY, HORRID looking. I could not comb it, it was hard and just depressing. I did not know what I had done wrong, especially considering that my roots all the way down to the hair with the april color were straight, soft, and gorgeous. I went to have it fixed and was informed that it was due to the colors. Being natural, there was no problem, but once the relaxer was added, it was pretty much over.

So, if you were a habitual colorer like me, beware, you may lose that length. 

Aside from that, everything went well. I researched tons of relaxers and settled on ORS (Organic Root Stimulator), I actually had a friend do it, because I dont know how to. And she did the whole process in half the time. One difference I will try next time is adding the olive oil in to the perm. But I chose that one because it had a TON of great ratings including by people who texlax, and I will continue to use it.

Something else I made sure to do was to be sure I would have the time to make that change. I am in grad school, so I didn't want to add a ton of extra stress to my life. I actually did it during a break so that i would have time to adjust before school started back. That was a very good idea! You can see how much time you need, what works what doesnt, so it is very helpful.

That's all I have for today. I am going to try to do this maybe twice a week to chart my progress and add anything new I learn.

****Remember it is hair...it will grow back****

No comments: