Monday, March 30, 2009

Cute New Hairstyle

LOVINGGGGG my new hair!!! Never did try to upload the video again because was too lazy. Made nother but yeah, need to edit it. So this is my new style....inspired by the one below!!!!!

Had my friend do the braids, so my whole head is braided going toward the direction of the ponytail. It is a drawstring kinky afro ponytail.

Differences:

Me: $10.00 drawstring ponytail smaller, less full......synthetic hair

Her: $250, not sure what kind of of weave it is but it is human kinky....like i dont know if it is drawstring or what.

I got this done 5 days ago, and i am trying...TRYING to keep it 2 weeks at least. I have a very dry scalp so it is itchy. I try to moisturize my scalp every day or 2 but still itchy like under the braids. Anywho, I want to try to get new braids every 2 weeks. 

I want to redo this style but lower because the ponytail is a little high and short but i still like it. But not on the same side, I am gonna switch sides so both sides get the same thing done to them. 

I like it alot though, and it am able to leave my hair alone better. No cutting or coloring!!!! Yea!!!! So I should do good. I think i am just gonna kind of continuously do this for bout 3 months (til July) then i will do a rest period and check my growth and all. Then keep it braided up again until October, and check my progress. It will be the warm months so i have to do it because these are the months where i generally will cut my hair off or try a new color. But yeah, so gotta find some more styles but for now i will keep rocking this one.

I really like the ponytail, i want to find some more ponytails though. This was my first drawstring ponytail ever!!! Yea!!!

I am oiling it using an applicator bottle that has ORS olive oil lotion mixed with some Parnevu Tea Tree Oil I had, it makes it easy. I just squeeze it onto my scalp and then rub it in between all the braids then i go back and rub it on the braids and on my edges.

1 comment:

Stephany said...

I love your blog! I have been looking something like this for a long time. This particular hairstyle is super cute! I was just wondering is it hard to sleep with it?