Saturday, October 3, 2009

Protctive hats

I posted this photo in my Protective style entry about my wig. I love these type of hats! so cute
These 2 pictures were from my phone, today i wore my wig out with this hat thingy on top.

So see mine is very plain jane. it was like $2 at Sallys or some other hair store.

Last night i looked up those hats....the cheapest i saw was like $5 at Forever 21. Okay that's cheap except i want like 5-10 of them. And i know me, i get bored over time and quit wearing stuff for a while only to pick it up in a few years (or the next cold season lol). And we know i'm broke. Investing $25 to $50 is not the business.

I started thinking, can i find fabric like this? Sweaters and such? I will have to see, but if it is over like $3 a yard, then i dont want it cu i might as well buy it. I did find really good simple patterns. Some involved knitting....I can sew but have no idea how to Knit. My mom said i could learn....so i am looking at youtube videos and u know what, duh i dont have time to LEARN a whole new skill like that right now!!!

Well when looking up stuff to see is it crocheting or knitting i saw dollies like ppl put on tables!

I had thought about cutting sweaters i buy at a thrift store but was like, can u cut sweaters? well perhaps i can go find dollies!!! they are already circles and such..and tend to be white or cream so they can be dyed. I am gonna look into this tomorrow.

Going to Hancocks and a thrift store.... and walmart if i do need to get yarn or sweater fabric. u can do it with like fleece and felt and stuff but i like the sweater look, it slouches better to me.

In case you forgot, the wig is not quite done and there are issues with the shaping, sooooo these hats let me be able to do something cute and me while wearing my wig and protecting my hair until i am able to full on wear the wig. Very similar to how i always wore different scraves when i had my sew-in

let's see how this play out tomorrow....i am gonna still look at see if i can learn to knit quickly or not, she says it is easy.....cuz there were tons of good quality yarns for $2!

No comments: