Monday, September 28, 2009

Tyra Banks/Joy Bryant

Too happy i didn't care to try to see Tyra debut her "natural hair", lol! I just knoew it would be anticlimatic!!! Her heart was in the right place but how u gon have a relaxer talkin bout love your natural hair? smh!

Joy Bryant came out with a blog like a sarcastic ode to her weave. And one of the hair blogs i read i follow on twitter and FB....her and other subscribers were saying how they felt sorry for Joy Bryant and her insecurities.

Did we read different blogs? They say they got the sarcasm but read between the lines....i think they added between the lines. She talked about loving being able to switch it up. Duh! that's why ppl love them. Please beleive if i could afford them or had more money to make more wigs, i would be rockin them all the time! well not really but like often. Cuz i could be short and natural one day, long and straight the next without damaging my hair.

I personally like wigs more. Cuz I can easily get to my hair. I can wash it, moisturize it, then throw on a cap put the wig on and done.

I had a sew-in once and i wasn't feelin it. It didnt look bad but my hair didnt blend 100% with the hair cuz of color issues and length and humidty....which let's remove length and call it humidity cuz that was what was causing my hair to stick up. And then i never was a fan of cornrows.

I love how cute they are but after a couple days the cute goes away as i remember i cant easily stratch my head! ugh!

So I am more of a wig girl now that i learned how to make my own wigs.

But i just feel like a lot of women aren't open minded. They are either ultra relaxer, ultra natural. And very few of us fall in the middle where we understand it all!

I relaxed my hair last year for a new months and realized very fast that i was no longer into them and cut it off. I know i love my natural hair and don't want to harm it by straightening it too much. Also, when u straighten often your hair gets used to it and won't curl up after a while. I like my fro!
Full weaves are expensive and alot of ppl cant do them good. Plus the itchiness lol for me anyway.
So i am def a wig girl in the making!

Just need more money so i can afford more hair to make more wigs :D

No comments: