Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hair Resolutions for 2009!!!!

Okay, so I have been slacking off horribly! Ugh 2008 was such a not good year, especially the period where i did not write anything.....just wasnt not motivated!
So before the resolutions/goals....I got my hair trimmed on the 27th, and it is growing. Recall I cut it back in September. So, right now it is like 2 inches in the middle, 1 inch in the front. I am working on relaxing and all so it grows better. Luckily it has not been falling out but still.

Resolutionsssssssssssss

In short
-grow!
-strengthen!
 lol! that is the short version. Here is the usual detailed version! yeaaaaaaaaa!

So, on average hair grows about an inch a month, and mine does pretty much that unless i stress for long periods of time or cut it. So my goals are based on checkpoints. These are my birthday (July), Halloween (October, duh), and 2010 (January, lol). So we wil just say 1 inch is what we have now, just for a even length. 
July-8"
October-11"
December-13"
So that is assuming nothing happens....what I officially wrote down as my goal for 2010 is 10".
I love the thickness...shocking i know, but like in natural form it is like ahhhhhhhhh, too much, but when it is straight it is full, and Ihate seeing ppl with thin hair. Soooo yea, let us keep the thickness!

10" hair by 2010!!!!!

Strengthening....so i mean it is thick, and seems to take stuff really well, sooooo i am just trying to be sure it is. So i have been taking better care of it. :) Much much better! These are my changes I am making to my routine. Have to go to Sally's, tomorrow if they are open. I have a open list of my wish list stuff, I just sat down and researched tons of products I read about on blogs and stuff.

One thing I changed, not sure if i said it before, but in my bottle with the Olive Oil lotion, I added my leave-in and some glossing polisher. It works pretty nicely! My hair does not look dull black anymore, so i won't need to do the black rinse!

New Routine
prepoo - tea tree oil, lekair (or a conditioner i find that is cheaper)
wash - Tea Tree Shampoo (GVP equivalent of Paul Mitchell)
condition - Biolage (still...it is the strengthening conditioner, i love it)
condition2 - Silk Elements Olive Oil Moisturing Treatement (almost out but love it, it is the moisturizing deep conditioner. I comb it through with a detangling comb)
Moisturizing-the mixture i just talked about above. (Although, i am getting low on the leave-in....so I am going to switch it with a curl cream...still researching)

Okay, forgot some things.....so if not LeKair, I will just go to walmart and get some $1 VO5...i used to use it before, and i loved it :) Forget why i stopped.

Condition2, I am gonna either ge a Jibere shower comb or Denman detangling brush. Not sure which yet. I guess the comb cuz it is cheaper. I have a detangler now, so not a huge deal. The comb is $2, the brush is $9. I think for now, i am good. Mine could be better, ppl rave about that comb but i read one review that said the balls may come off the ends and it snags hair. Mine has a rounded end no balls. So it works just fine (and feels great)! So for now, comb. And what i noticed is that I used to just comb and detangle with the leave-in and then my hair would look blown out, no curls. But when i do it with the deep conditioner, it is detangled and curly when i rinse it. I like that :)

So curl creams, I am considering Hair Rule, Kinky Curls, and a few others. This blog I like is gonna do Hair Rules reviews soon, so i will see. I think in my next entry I will list all the products I am considering purchasing.

I think I covered everything.

I won't straighten my hair until at least July....and i am thinking of only coloring a section and dying it black to match the rest. Because I think it would help keep it healthy much better.n

No comments: